Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Life is Rough!

Some of Brody's awesome art work
I've debated on whether or not I should post this.  My little Brody has been struggling a lot lately.  He's become more distant.  More to himself.  He spends a lot of time in his bedroom watching movies or playing on his Nabi or leapsters.  He doesn't sleep much at night.  It will be late, usually close to midnight.  Aaron and I will think he's asleep or close to.  But without fail, he will wake up at 1, 2, 3, or 4 o'clock in the morning, go upstairs, turn all the lights on, go out in the garage, swing at the neighbors, etc.  -Just basically do whatever he wants.  
    At school, Brody has been acting out.  When his teacher asks him to do something that he doesn't want, he turns them off.  If they continue to push him, he acts out.  He can be aggressive.  He's knocked over desks, chairs, computers, etc.  He's also been known to pinch, pull hair, kick, etc.  I should include that he's peed his pants several times.  :(
Some of the behaviors he's exhibited at school have followed him home.  He's been much more aggressive lately.  If we ask him to turn off the tv, he'll flat out tell us "No."  Then if we turn it off or take the tv away, he gets really upset.  He's gone in his room several times and pulled all of his bedding off, pulled the mattress off, pulled all of his clothes off of their hangers, knocked everything off of the shelf, etc. 
Aaron and I decided to take the Nabi away.  Brody made several purchases through the App Store (Almost $50 worth of Angry Bird helps and the movie Dick Figures).  -We had no idea he knew how to do that.  This has been a huge struggle for Brody.  He asks Aaron and I several times every day for the red ipad.  It makes me sad to say "No," but in the long run I think it will be good. 
We also put parental locks on our cable.  Brody  rented several movies and bought The Lego Movie and Rio 2.  He was also watching several episodes of "The amazing world of Gumball" from Cartoon Network.  I don't like that cartoon at all!  It's horrible.  It is not for kids at all.
Anyway, this is just something that has been on my mind a lot lately.

No comments: